Fortified Settlement of Bělá
The fortified settlement of Bělá is located 10 km to the south-east of Kaplice.
Origin of the Name:
The name of the village is derived from the name of the Bělá stream running near the village. Its German name is Zirnetschlag or Cirnatwa, it means "Čerňatova paseka (Čerňat's clearing)".
History of the Place Residents:
The records do not say anything about the first owners of the fortified settlement of Bělá but in 1412 it was in the ownership of the Rosenbergs. Ulrich II. von Rosenberg sold the interest on Bělá to Markéta, a widow of Martin, the tailor from Český Krumlov, in 1449. Šavel z Tiché bought the courtyard in Bělá in 1492. In 1541 the village Bělá is mentioned only as a deserted settlement.
Nothing of the fortified settlement of Bělá was preserved.