Parkán No. 121

Parkán No. 121

Description of the Building:
Ground floor building with Classical facade. The layout is also Classical with a black kitchen.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The present building was created in the first quarter of the 19th century, in Classical style, apparently using the old walls. The rear small wing has vaulted cellars from stone that are clearly older and is evidently the remains of a building mentioned in the middle of the 17th century.

History of the House Residents:
In 1596 Merten (Martin) "Lederer" was the owner of the house. After a few relatively unknown owners, the house was occupied in 1624 - 1648 by a tanner, Jindřich Schwingshärl, who was replaced by a Pfeiffer. He complained in 1652 that half of his house was considerably damaged by a large part of the new Jesuit seminary on Horní street (presently District Museum of National History in Český Krumlov). . In 1671 a tinsmith, Matyáš Mathesi, resided in the house, and also worked for the Český Krumlov castle. Regina Mathesi took care of the house until 1694 when a tinsmith, Matyáš Bauder, took over the trade. The next owner (1727 - 1730), Jan Jiří Raab, was also a tinsmith. Until 1745 a knitter, Emmerich May, lived there and later was replaced by Jeroným Käumbl. From 1758 - 1768 a cooper, Gabriel Hermann, resided in the house, and after that the house belonged to a family Rottek. The family owned the house until 1812.

Present Use:
Residential house.