Rybářská č. p. 35

Rybářská No. 35

Description of the Building:
Modern one-storey estate on a terrace, L-shaped.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The original building is from the second half of the 15th or the beginning of the 16th century. It was adapted in 1888 and again in 1912. A front part of the right building and the whole left wing are modern.

History of the House Residents:
In the first half of the 16th century the house belonged to Jiří Oberlender, who was replaced by Osvald Foglar, in 1527. From 1567, a weaver, Jakub Freyssmuth occupied the house. He was later replaced by a hewer, Hans Hirner. Before 1600 the house was occupied, in all likelihood, by a chemist named Jan Kunsteter (Gunstetter). After this year a painter, Felix Kunsteter, lived there. In 1604 the house was gained by a malt maker named Tomáš. From 1622 - 1636 a tin maker, Jan Jiří Ditzinger, who also worked for the Český Krumlov castle, resided there. For the next four years the house was owned by a butcher, Matyáš Schmol and from 1644 a draper named Václav Siller. In the 18th century, among the owners of the house, there were a draper journeyman, a draper, and a crouper. In the 19th century residents included another draper, a hewer, a miller master, and a drawer. In 1888, the house contained a hostelry.

Present Use:
Hostel Postel