Rybářská č. p. 3

Rybářská No. 3

Description of the Building:
One-storey building on the side of a hill with a smooth facade and a gable roof covered with shingles. The building is half ruined. Preserved is a frame and part of the masonry. The ceilings were completely removed.

Architectural and Historical Development:
From an evolutionary aspect the layout is relatively vague. The first floor was lined up by a log cabin. The building is probably from 15th or beginning of the 16th century and started out as a part of a next door building. It was adapted in 1931 and 1962.

History of the House Residents:
Not much is known about the first residents. The first name, Jakub Schmelhofer, appears in 1571. In 1595, a baker, Šebestián Plošek, transferred the ownership of the house to gingerbread maker Jakub Pruner, who occupied the house until 1606. After many additional owners, about which there is no further information, in 1659 a baker, Valentin Fischer, moved into the house. His family lived here until 1704, when he was replaced by a bricklayer, František Boss. In the time frame of 1717 - 1756 the house belonged to a stationer, Matyáš Pascher. Until 1812 the Dienstl family resided in the house. On of the members was a bricklayer's journeyman. In the 19th century the house was occupied by a labourer and a blacksmith master.

View from the Vltava River onto Rybářská Street no's. 2, 3 and 4

Present Use:
Residential house.