Rybářská č. p. 28

Rybářská No. 28

Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a modern facade, a half gable, and a newly restored shingle roof. The house was reconstructed.

Architectural and Historical Development:
Building has a central corridor, which is vaulted into transoms on the left. On the right, there are flat ceilings with cakes in the back. In the first floor are also flat ceilings. On the left, in the back, is a cellar hewed from the rock, with a stone barrel vault. The original building, from which a cellar and a portion of masonry were preserved, was built in the middle of the 16th century. Further reconstructions are Classical. Additional adaptations were performed in 1896 and 1914.

History of the House Residents:

The first known owner of the house was Petr Kersten Jr. in the 1580\'s, who sold it in 1588 to a currier, Ondřej Kojauer (Gojauer). Because of his surname, we assume, that Ondřej came from near Kájov. He still lived in the house at the beginning of the 17th century. In 1607 a weaver, Kašpar Sinig, moved into the house. After a few further owners, in 1639 a malt maker, Vincenc Benedikt, resided there. He was replaced by a currier, Jakub Gojauer, who still owned the house in the second half of the 17th century. From 1670 the house was occupied by a court cooper, Filip Skorunka. Six years later a strap maker, Adalbert Dobesi, shortly inhabited the house and in 1676 ownership of the house was transferred to a colourman, Julius Schrekeisen. The next owner of the house, from 1683 - 1706, Zachariáš Nitzl, was also a colourman. Šebestián Weigel conducted a draper trade in the house, until 1725. Further owners of the house include a shoemaker, a disabled person, and a lawyer.

Present Use:
Pensio Kapr

Historical fotoarchive:

Rybářská No. 28, condition before reconstruction   Rybářská No. 28