Rybářská č. p. 2
Rybářská No. 2
Description of the Building:
One-storey building with smooth facade and newly restored gable roof from shingles, with a wooden gallery.
Architectural and Historical Development:
Modern layout with flat ceilings. Partly missing ceilings. Building from the 15th or beginning of the 16th century. It served as a tanner's house. In the second half of the 18th century it was probably adapted in Classical style. Further adaptation was performed in 1942 and 1964.
Significant Architectural Features:
- gable roof from shingles
- a wooden gallery under a keel
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was a fisherman named Machtl. A fisherwoman Alžběta owned the house most likely until 1571, when a hatter Hans Oberander is recorded as the owner. From 1580 - 1628 a shoemaker, Klement Schmall, is alleged to be the owner of the house. In 1628, Lorenc Aichberger bought the house and established a public bath there. Part of these were still visible in the lower part of the house in 1648, when Petr Trotz, a tailor was the owner. After Petr, Ondřej Paumhauer resided there. After Ondřej, Anna Marie Paumhauerová lived there until 1697. From 1711 - 1735 the house was owned by a butcher, Josef Thiernhoffer. Until the end of the 18th century the house was owned by a draper, another master butcher, another draper and a currier. In the 19th century a drapery trade was conducted there. From 1929 the ownership of the house belonged to a sculptor.