Parkán No. 113

Parkán no. 113, overview Location:
Parkán No. 113

Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a non-sectioned facade, covered with a shingled roof parallel with the street. The rear facade has a wooden corridor, and on the ground floor is the former town wall.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The building was created in the late Gothic period, and is first mentioned in 1526. The present appearance is a result of Renaissance and Classical adaptation.

Significant Architectural Features:
The left part of the ground floor is barrel vaulted with trilateral sectors.

History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was a miller named Markéta. In 1526 Linhart Saumer moved into the house. In 1581 the house was occupied by a malt maker Mark Blecha, who was replaced by a belt maker, Kryštof Ludwig. In 1647 the house belonged to a shoemaker, Kryštof Mittenleider, and his family lived there until 1659. After this a farrier, Ambrož Klapetzka, resided in the house. During 1673 - 1692 the house belonged to a shoemaker, Kryštof Höltzl family. There is no further information about the next owners except their names.

Present Use:
Residential house, used book store

Parkán no.  113, view from the Vltava River