Na ostrově No. 88

Na ostrově no. 88, overview Location:
Na ostrově No. 88

Description of the Building:
A one-storey house with a flat front, covered with a gradual shingle roof with an outlying staircase. On the ground floor is the only barrel-vaulted section with five-sided lunettes. The building is of Classical origin, after a present reconstruction.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The house probably originated in the first half of the 17th century, it was rebuilt in the years 1762, 1827 and in 1993.

History of the House Residents:
This used to be probably an out-building, mentioned in 1708 and belonging to the municipality. It used to be situated below the small armoury on the site of the present house. The municipally-rented land and the municipal barn on the island were obtained by a baker Jan Bohut, who sold them to Ferdinand Hofsass in 1750. He sold them in 1751 to Antonín Weissnitzer. Pavel Peyerl bought them from him in 1762 and his family owned them until 1766. Afterwards, František Schmal became the owner and later on in 1779, Lorenc Schacherle. In 1786 Vít Krieger lived there and a year later František Diebel. The Diebels owned the house to the first half of the 19th century and tanner´s trade, which was run by František Diebel even in 1827, was developed in the house to the 1920s.

Present Use:
On the ground floor are shops (Chequepoint - Exchange Office, Marionette Shop), on the upper floor are flats.