Latrán No. 68

Latrán no. 68, overview Location:
Latrán No. 68

Description of the Building:
Two story building with plaster quoins on the sides and a painting of the Madonna above the stone door lining.

Architectural and Historical Development:
This is a Gothic house that was modified during Renaissance. The facade underwent a Baroque modification in the beginning of the eighteenth century. The two story house has a plain facade with plaster quoins on the sides. There is a painting of the Madonna dated 1719 above the door with stone lining and a year of 1710. Renaissance interior layout preserved on both floors, with barrel vaults with caps and cross vaults. There is a ceiling with beams in a part of the first floor with a carved guilloche on the downstand beam.

Latrán no.  68, picture above the entrance portal, foto: Ladislav Pouzar Significant Architectural Features:
Painting of the Madonna dated 1719 above the entrance portal (Virgin Mary Pomocná - Pasovská, restored in 1965). The painting was commissioned by chancery-clerk to the prince Johann Hammermilner (1679 - 1719) or by the following owner, Paul Nader.

History of the House Residents:
The first owner recorded in writing was woman named Šimková Bílá in the beginning of the sixteenth century. This is known because in 1525, Honta Paurnfeyt (probably Bauernvoit) sold "the house of Šimková Bílá" to shoemaker Vaněk (Vácav). He sold it one year later for only 86 three scores of Meissen groschen to shoemaker Ambrož but purchased it back from him around 1535. He sold it again in 1537, this time to pewterer Jan. Jan died in 1543 however without having paid for the house in full. Jan\'s wife lived in the house during the 1540s, followed by stone-cutter Ambrož. The next owner was "old pewterer Voršila from Latrán" who gave it in 1570 to her son-in-law Adam Polák. He paid off the house in 1578 and died three years later.Latrán no. 68, vault in entrance hall After his death, widow Markéta with her sons Řehoř and Michal lived here. In 1582, she married fisherman Mates Dreyling who lived in the house until the 1590s. At the turn of the century, lackey Wolf lived here shortly but was soon followed by maltsman Kašpar Langnitauf. In 1616, a clerk dealing with orphans Tomáš Haklhőfer moved into the house and owned it maybe up to 1654. Chancery-clerk Jan Hammermilner lived here from 1679 to 1719. Many burghers of Český Krumlov of many trades lived in the house after him.

Present Use:
Ceramics, betting shop Chance, Appartment