Latrán No. 2
Description of the Building:
Two story corner building near the river and the Lazebnický bridge with three times pointed front facing the Latrán street and irregular floor plan. The middle of the second story rests on stone cantilevers, with mural paintings between them. Only a fraction of one of the paintings on the right side is visible today. The front has two mirror images of a reared horse. There is a gallery facing the river.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house probably dates back to Renaissance and was built right between the St. Jošt church (see St. Jošt church in Český Krumlov), the gate and the walls of Latrán fortification (see History of gates and fortification of Český Krumlov). The rear of the house is basically a former city wall which is 100 cm thick on the ground floor. The front underwent a reconstruction around 1850, after the Latrán gate was torn down. At that time, the spatial arrangement of the house was probably changed as well.
Remarkable is the portal enclosed in a wall facing the neighboring former St. Jošt church. A stone gable belonging to the same church, which had been later elevated by a wall, is preserved in the attic of the house. Very valuable are the rooms on the ground floor with oval barrel vault with a cap, narrow corridor with an identical vault and also the cellar with a stone barrel vault.
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was, around 1550, the tawer Hans Prökl, replaced by Mikuláš Frűauff in 1572. Two years later, the house belonged to a shoemaker named Linhart, whom we do not know much about. From 1582, the house is owned by Jiří Khöbe, a saddler. In 1614 another saddler moves in. It is Kašpar Wolf, who at least in the 1620s works for the Krumlov castle. His son carried on the family\'s traditional trade, and when he died around 1652, his wife Mariana took over the house. She married again to a saddler Bartoloměj Schmidt, who owned the house until 1682. In the same year, the city purchased the house and seven years later sold it to tawer Jeroným Lansser. His son Erasmus lived in the house, in 1711 followed by a furrier Jan Jiří Kellner. The house was used for the same trade until the 1850s.
Dvě vdovy - Listening Café, music shop Disc Classic, Dessox ltd., Czech Porcelain, real estate agent UNI