|(1859 - 1936)||Scientist, botanist|
After finishing his studies of natural science in Prague and Vienna he took several educational trips around Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, France, Belgium, Holland and Switzerland. From 1895 he worked as a director of a farming school in Stod, and his favourite scientific research was focused on the study of peat-bogs. In 1921 he participated in establishing an ethnographic and museum club in Horní Planá. Together with Gustav Jungbauer he is credited with establishing the Šumava Museum, where he looked after natural collections. He is the author of botanical and natural works about Šumava and one of the most significant experts of European peat-bogs.