|(1895 - 1969)||Painter and graphic artist|
Bohuslav Coufal was born on 28 June 1895 in Čermná by Kyšperk in the Orlické mountains. When he was a little child his parents moved to Lipsko where he studied at the state graphic school in 1910 - 1912 and eventually became a lithographer. In 1913 - 1914 he studied on the Academy of Arts in Lipsko. In 1925 he came to Český Krumlov, and this town appealed to him so much that he decided to settle down and work there. Coufal was a water-colour painter, art master and lithographer. He was an artist who was able to paint his beloved town in its stability and transformation - he became one of the artists whose creations had not only artistic but also documentary dimension.
The set of drawings of the little sacral buildings, the devotional pillars, the small crosses and the chapel themes are very important parts of his work. He also became a documentalist of one of the changes in Český Krumlov connected with the construction of a road outflanking, as well as recording the modification of the castle gardens in the 1960\'s. He illustrated a guide book to Český Krumlov, the writer of which was František Navrátil. Coufal´s works are presented in the Aleš Gallery of South Bohemia in Hluboká nad Vltavou, in the Museum of South Bohemia in České Budějovice and the Homeland studies Museum of Český Krumlov district in Český Krumlov. He lived in a house on Horní Brána no. 277.