Široká No. 75
Description of the Building :
A one-storey house situated along the street. The second floor is created by an attic. It was built on a narrow land parcel. A large back building with side wings belongs to it. The house has a saddle roof. The street front, divided by four window axis, is of Baroque-Classical origin, and it is finished by a two-storey gable. The third axis out of four is blind on the first floor and is supplemented with a mural of Immaculata. The windows are set regularly. The facade is articulated with lisenas. On the ground floor is a portal with moulding. The ground and first floor disposition is a three-aisle, front aisles are also divided in a lateral direction. The front part of the hall is vaulted with barrel-vaults with sectors, and there is a well with high ridges. Other ground floor sections are vaulted with barrel-vaults. The building has flat ceilings, at the front part there are ceilings with Classical stucco wells. The rear building is a two-storey two-aisle.
Architectural and Historical Development
The oldest documented reconstruction of the house was carried out in the Rennaissance period in about 1600. The hall probably originates from that time. Further construction development was probably more complicated, as we can estimate from the irregularity of the passage, which is difficult to explain. A reconstruction of the house was also carried out during Baroque-Classicism. In 1872 a completely new rear building was built. Due to its construction the town wall was knocked down.
Significant Architectural Features :
A vaulted hall on the ground floor.
History of the House Residents :
At the beginning of the 16th century the house belonged to Václav Suchodem, who sold it to Martin Kulička in 1541. Martin Kulička handed the house down to his son Kryštof. He was a town scribe in the years 1564 - 1574. Kryštof Kulička studied at the university in Wittenberg with the financial support of Wilhelm von Rosenberg. He died too early in 1574. After his death the house was inhabited by his mother who sold it to Kryštof Dorn in 1578. Dorn´s son Jáchym lived in the house until at least the second decade of the 17th century. From 1653 it belonged to a can-maker Hans Diczinger, who was followed by a baker Ondřej Reissner two years later. After two more years a tanner Šimon Fink moved into the house. In the years 1706 - 1728 the house was owned by an imperial tax-collector and councillor Lambert Herusch. From 1769 a tanner Michal Pöschl lived there shortly, and a parish clerk František Hirsch stayed there after him. Until the end of the 18th century a stocking-knitter František Lang is documented to live in the house, and a draper František Böhm, who owned it from 1790 - 1819.
Present Use :
At present there are flats, a sewing machines repair shop and knife-grinding V. Kořán.