Široká No. 73
Description of the Building:
A one-storey house with a neo-Classical front, divided by three window axis, from 1884. The entire complex is created by the main building which faces the street and a building in the back. They are linked by a courtyard. The house in the yard has also one storey.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house was newly built in an adjusted street line in 1884, on a site of a former older building. The rear building was built one year earlier.
Significant Architectural Features:
Preserved neo-Classical facade.
History of the House Residents:
The house, standing formerly on the site of today's house No. 73, was originally a private malt house. In the 1550s it was changed into an inhabitable house with the first known owners, the Platzmiks. It was handed down among their descendants until 1595. At the end of the 16th century the house belonged to a maltster Jan Beham, who was succeeded in 1621 by another maltster, probably his relative Ondřej, written Böhemb. In 1628 a tanner Řehoř lived there and three years later a baker Hans Pigl. Another baker, Michal Klinger, owned it from 1639 - 1655. Then it belonged to a hatter Řehoř Havel, but even in 1658 a cooper Hans Wallisch lived in the house, followed by Marie Wallisch. Then it was owned by a baker Karel Barth for just one year. A shoemaker Baltazar Strimb moved there in 1668. From 1698 a court marshal Tomáš Meltzer stayed in the house. In the 18th and 19th centuries various Krumlov burgesses of different profesions lived there.
On the ground floor is a shop with decorative plants and haberdashery Galant, accommodation Kalkušová. On the upper floor is the flat of the owner.