Šatlavská No. 141

Šatlavská no. 141, overview Location:
Šatlavská No. 141

Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a Classical facade from some time before 1800, and adapted in brizolit. The ground floor layout has two deep wings on the front with a middle corridor. In the back are a few smaller rooms. Except for the middle hall, one field is barrel vaulted, and there are decussate vaults on the right by the facade. The cellars are also barrel vaulted. The first floor layout is evidently Classical, but not very remarkable, with a dark middle.

Architectural and Historical Development:
The building is of Gothic origin. Cellars and the middle wing areas were created during the Gothic period. The rear wing was additionally added in Renaissance. The Classical reconstruction assigned the character of both the ground and the first floor.

History of the House Residents:
Like its nearest neighbours, this house also burned down in the 1867 fire, and was reconstructed accordingly. At the end of the 15th and beginning of the 16th centuries the house belonged to a family of an unknown shoemaker who died closely before 1500. His widow sold the house to a shoemaker, Petr Škampach, or married him. It is certain that in 1521 Petr Škampach died without an inheritor. The administrators of his last will sold the house to Mates Šlonhauf, who was also a shoemaker. After he died, his son Hilarius took care of the house in 1541. The entire family died out in 1559, in the plague. The Český Krumlov city council sold the house to Jiří Hausch. In 1560 a tin maker, Jošt, bought the house from Jiří. Because he wasn\'t able to pay off the payments, the city council sold the house to a tailor, Jan Šretar, called Jan Během. He moved in from house No. 138 in 1574. The tailor died in 1586 and his widow married again to Kašpar Reisinger. One year later a glazier, Jeroným Plaicher, bought the house, and lived there with his family until 1601. For the next three years the house was occupied by a furrier, Mates Steiner. During 1626 - 1654 the house belonged to a tailor, Adam Perner, who was replaced by another tailor, Michal Rabl. During 1676 - 1685 the house was inhabited by a stonemason, Mates Zöberer. He was replaced by a city bricklayer, Antonio Bossi. Since 1689 textile trades were conducted in the house. At first a tailor, Jan Prann, lived there. In 1694 he was replaced by a draper, Valentin Pek. During 1698 - 1725 a weaver, František Hochetschläger, resided there. Another tailor, Jan Tauerer, inhabited the house during 1753 - 1763.

Present Use:
House of czech photography