Rybářská č. p. 39
Rybářská No. 39
Description of the Building:
One-storey renaissance building with a modern facade and a granite ribbon portal.
Architectural and Historical Development:
Two wing building, on the right with a staircase hall into the floor. Entire ground floor is oval barrel vaulted with quinary sectors. The floor has flat lower ceilings. From the original building, from 15th or the beginning of the 16th century, only the masonry was preserved. The indoor areas with vaults and ceilings are Classical.
Significant Architectural Features:
A granite ribbon portal on the facade.
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was a baker, Matyáš Pemrl, who in 1512 owned a yard on which the next door house, Rybářská No. 40, was later built. In 1540 Matyáš was replaced by a tanner named Linhart Schwob. He occupied the house until the end of the 1560`s. After him, the house acquired a draper, Hans Ondráš. From 1588 a drapery cutter, Jeroným Praunart, resided in the house. In 1609 Václav Landsknecht moved into the house. Matyáš Landsknecht, a butcher, occupied the house from 1644 - 1655. The next owner was Havel Schmal and three years later a hatter named Štefan Reichart. He didn't stay long in the house, because during the same year, in 1658, a currier, Jaroným Lanser, bought the house. Two years later a bricklayer named Matyáš Twerasser, resided in the house, and from 1677 a riddle maker, Jiří Altman, lived there. In the time frame of 1684 - 1686 Jiří Höffer shortly owned the house. After that, until the beginning of the 18th century, a butcher, Jiří Stifter, occupied the house. From 1704 a tailor, Jan Pavel Schiller, became the owner. In 1746 - 1790 the house belonged to family Pöschk. The next owner, Matyáš Tichtl, resided in the house until 1816. In the first half of the 19th century the owner was Filip Winzig, and in 1829 he was replaced by Řehoř and Alžběta Zwillinger. They were replaced in the 1840`s by Augustin Duck. The occupations of the house residents in the 18th and 19th century varied and included a miller, a croupper, a flax draper, a cotton draper, and a currier. In the 1915, the house belonged to Porák , a rigid mine firm, and in 1929 a tailor trade was conducted in the house.