Parkán No. 117
Description of the Building:
One-storey building of a lateral oblong layout, with a non-sectioned facade, covered with a shingle roof. A wooden corridor decorates the facade towards the river.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house was build in Renaissance style before 1578 by increasing the street level and building onto the town wall. The house later underwent a reconstruction.
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was Matouš Pogner in 1578, and two years later was replaced by a colourman, Zikmund Zankner. Another owner of the house in 1585 - 1604, was Řehoř Driel, who was also a colourman. From 1635 the house was occupied by a weaver, Hans Taekh or Drtok, and in 1644 a castle cooper and tap man, Hans Rochleder, moved into the house. The house belonged to his family until 1670, when the house was bought by Matyáš Pöschl. Directly after that a belt maker, Pavel Schneider, moved into the house. He owned the house until the 1690\'s. From 1691 - 1714, a miller, Jan Schwarz. lived there. After that, the house belonged to the Hödl family, a miller Havel, and until 1761 a gun maker named Ignác. From 1761 until 1779 the house was occupied by Martin Fiedler. After him, the Schink family acquired the house and resided there until at least the 1840\'s.
Bed and Breakfast, Bar V podhradí.