Parkán No. 114
Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a non-sectioned facade and covered with a gable roof parallel with the street. A ribbon portal lintel with the date 1635 is used coincidentally. The rear facade has a corridor and is on the ground floor. It is composed of the former town walls.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The first information about this house is from 1526. The present appearance is apparently the result of an adaptation which occurred in 1635. The rest of the older building was used. A Renaissance layout with barrel vaulted rooms on the ground floor has been preserved.
History of the House
The first known owner of the house was a butcher named Hans in 1526. He was replaced by another butcher, Matouš Zemperle. In 1594 the house belonged to Hans Stokinger, and after him to Václav Lopatka. During 1621 - 1667 the Klement Valentin family resided in the house. Until 1688 the Ondřej Matuna family lived there. In 1688 the house was occupied by Jan Topinka. From 1731 until the middle of the 18th century, the house belonged to Bartoloměj and Anna Marie Stifter. In 1790 the ownership of the house was transferred to Antonín Hrdlička. His family resided in the house until at least the 1840`s.