Parkán No. 108
Description of the Building:
One-storey oblong building with a painted baroque facade, with painted ribbon-work, window-sills, and a corner bossage in red and black colours. The spanner frame interferes above the next door house Parkán No. 109. The left gable was originally a stone semi-gable, additionally backed.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The building was created in late Gothic style. The first report about it is from 1523. In 1709 the house was ruined. In 1751 it was bought and rebuilt into its present appearance, possibly even with the facade.
Significant Architectural Features:
Both floor layouts are originally preserved form the Baroque state of the construction. One room upstairs has a preserved cavernous plaster mirror. The entire ground floor is arched with Baroque vaults, technically very advanced.
History of the House
Before 1523 the house belonged to Kryštof Woldnar, who sold it to a miller named Šebestián. In 1538 the house was occupied by a tanner named Kryštof. Another tanner, Martin Schwarzinger, owned the house in 1581. In the next year Jiří Gumstetter moved into the house. From 1584 - 1606 the house belonged to a court baker, Kašpar Hubener. After him a cutter, Pavel Perger, resided there in 1611. From 1646 until 1652 the house was occupied by his son Matyáš, a drapery cutter. A court carpenter, Lorenc Khienmillner, occupied the house, but only for one year. Until the end of the 17th century the house changed owners few times. After 1709 the house was empty and collapsed. The allotment was bought in 1751 for 30 Rhinish golden coins by Antonín Stejskal who built a new house there. In 1755 he sold it to Jan Pfleger for 600 Rhinish golden coins, who resided in the house until 1790.