Parkán No. 104
Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a Baroque red corner bossage and two pictures painted on the facade. It has a lateral two wing layout, using the town wall as a middle wall.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house was built, similar to the other houses on the street, between the two town walls. Originally, there was just a single area house here, attached to the Parkan wall on the interior side. An entresol with a black kitchen was added to the older vaulted one wing layout, most likely during the Renaissance period. The first floor has a second black kitchen and a room with a decoratively painted double flap ceiling. Later the house was extended with an annex along the exterior side of the Parkán fencing, and passages through the mural masonry were made.
Significant Architectural Features:
- Parkán town walls entering into the first floor level
- an inserted entresol with former black kitchen
- a joist ceiling with a double flap, originally decorated with white painting on the foundation, repainted with ox blood during Baroque period; the ceiling is framed with oak stripe
- classical pane door with jamb and decorative hinge - the first floor
- two mural pictures of the virgin Mary of Mariazell, the bottom one dated 1714, and accompanied by attendant appeal for the virgin Mary to protect the house residents
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was a saddler named Michael in 1553. He was replaced by an utricularer, Jindřich Červený or Rotter. In 1574 Kašpar Teufel moved into the house and his family occupied the house until 1580. After that, the house belonged to a furrier, Václav Hoeslinger, and in 1599 a bricklayer, Hans Bernhard, lived there. From 1607 - 1654, the house belonged to David Freisleben. After he died, his widow took care of the house until 1668. A butcher trade was conducted in the house by Václav Řitko until 1676. In 1687 the house was occupied by a tailor, Jan Praun. During 1696 - 1715 Jan Jiří Kellner resided in the house. In the 18th century the house was occupied by Jan Moschke, and in 1735, Matyáš Böhm. Next, from 1745 - 1774 Adalbert Postl resided in the house. After that the Böhm family came back to the house, and they owned the house until at least the 1840`s.
Tavern U dwau Maryí, Accommodation