Parkán No. 103
Description of the Building:
One-storey building with non-sectioned facade. Along the rear facade is a corridor. There is also a ground floor annex with a joist ceiling.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house was built during the Renaissance period, before 1553. The two wing layout used the town wall as the middle wall, which was preserved on the ground floor, in a thickness 105 cm. The rear wing and possibly the first floor are younger. The house went through later adaptations.
Significant Architectural Features:
The right front wing on the ground floor with a staircase is barrel vaulted with a parabolic facing. The vault in the rear tract is segmented. The room upstairs has flat ceilings.
History of the House Residents:
Before the middle of the 16th century the house belonged to Merten (Martin) Schnell. After him Anna Schnellová took over the house. In 1553 a saddler, Wolf Schultes or Schultheis, moved into the house. Already next year a drapery cutter, Hans Schön, resided in the house. In 1571 the house was occupied by a twister, Mates Gregor, who was replaced by a drapery cutter, Hanz Enzmann, from 1592 - 1594. He wasn\'t here for long. In 1594 the house belonged to Tomáš and Maruše Grimelmair. Two years later a councillor servant, Tomáš Hesslinger, moved into the house. His family owned the house until 1636. After that a furrier, Kryštof Freissleben, occupied the house, and in 1700 Jan Jiří Perniger lived there. Next in the period of 1723 - 1758, the house belonged to Augustýn and Rozina Potzkých (Počkejovi), when the ownership was transferred to František and Ernestina Bähr. They lived there until 1803. In the first half of the 19th century, the house changed owners a few times. Lorenc Gottfried was replaced by Matyáš Häussler in 1805. In 1808 - 1817 Jan Krenauer lived there. After that, the house belonged to Ignác and Anežka Tschandel.