Latrán No. 74
Description of the Building:
Two story house with a carriage-way with oval vaults. There are windows with stucco ribbon-shaped decorations and also a gable with inclined haunch and tympanum.
Architectural and Historical Development:
This two story late Gothic building was built during the Middle Ages and leaned against the city wall. Part of the wall from that time is still standing. Major modification took place during Renaissance and also in the beginning of the eighteenth century. There is a hall with barrel vaulting on the first floor, the north wall had been a part of the Latrán fortification - it is 1.3 m (about 4 ft) thick.
Significant Architectural Features:
The gable with inclined haunch and tympanum.
History of the House Residents:
Matouš Mitaš or Milař owned the house during the second half of the sixteenth century. Rosenberg horseman Eliáš Waller lived here from 1590 and after he died his wife Ludmila lived here for some time, probably alone. Maltsman Benedikt Bicka bought the house in 1646 and after he died, several tailors lived in the house. The rope-making Wolf family purchased the house in 1781 and lived here until 1833.