Latrán No. 7, castle stairs
Description of the Building:
Two story building with a facade from the end of the last century. On the first story is a three-wing disposition with a corridor with a segmental vault, the same as in the space on the left. On the right, near the front of the house, there is a severy of cross vault with groins and barrel vaulting beyond that. The rear space on the left has a similar vault. The second story has a Classicist interior layout, with a smooth-surfaced ceiling.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The building is of Renaissance origin. It was reconstructed during the Classicist period (first half of the nineteenth century).
History of the House Residents:
The house is mentioned for the first time in 1579. Its history, however, began much earlier. It is almost impossible to determine the names of proprietors of the houses on the castle stairs in the beginning of the sixteenth century, as the information at hand is very confusing. It seems however that the first owner was a saddler named Jakeš, sometime between the beginning of the century to the 1530s. In 1579, Šimon Rynší sold the house to cloth-maker Kašpar Ortner. Cloth-maker Martin Stolz became the owner of the house in 1590, and paid for it in installments to the children of one of the previous owners, Voršila and Barbora Ortnerová, until 1607. A mint-master is mentioned in 1698.
"Kočka Zelenoočka" shop, Ladislav Maria Wagner - atelier, gifts.