Dlouhá No. 90
Description of the Building :
A small one-storey house with a saddle roof and a spherical hip. The front with a three-windowed axis is articulated with a cornice, decorated window moulding and corner boss. The layout of the house is two-aisle with a staircase room with a flat ceiling situated on the left hand side.
Architectural and Historical Development
The house was a part of the house No. 89 in the Middle Ages. It separated in the mid 16th century and the western and northern parts were added. In the same time a part of the curbed construction of a chamber on the first floor was removed. During Classicism the present look of the front was created and joist ceilings on both floors were covered. In 1993 reconstruction was carried out and the attic was renovated, and some flats were built.
Significant Architectural Features :
- a unique preserved larger part of the curbed chamber on the first floor
- on the first floor a joist ceiling with double decking, originally a part of the curbed chamber of medieval origin
- joist ceiling with double decking on the ground floor
- ridged vaults in the rear section of the entrance hall with
History of the House Residents :
The house belonged to butcher Vaněk Plachý at the beginning of the 16th century. He willed it in 1537 to his son Šimon together with the trade. Šimon lived and worked there for a short time if at all, as maltster Michálek is mentioned there in 1540. Michálek died in 1545 and his widow Barbora sold the house to a goldsmith Felix in 1546. Felix died in 1548 and the house was taken over by the widow Maruše who ran a shop. In 1567 a new owner came to the house, weaver Šebestián Hammerschmidt, who married Kristýna in the same year. She was a daughter of Václav Bělič from Český Krumlov. Šebestián died in 1573 and Kristýna soon afterwards married weaver Michal Kheil from German Amberg. After Kheil´s death at the end of the first half of the 1590s, his second wife Anna stayed in the house, even there in 1602. From 1621 butcher Kryštof Haigl lived there for two years, before 1640 a shoemaker Havel Künzl stayed there, followed by a gingerbread-maker Hans Schubert two years later. We do not know much about further owners. In the years 1730 - 1735 a turner Jan Jiří Mongay owned the house and after him in 1753 Matyáš Jannoch. In the following years shoemaker´s trade was run there by Antonín Frank and Jan Willich. In 1768 Matyáš Lambl shortly owned the house, followed by Urban Schaufler. In the years 1778 - 1807 Antonín Bauer lived there. Then Jan Stolzenthaler stayed in the house until at least the 1840s.
Present Use :
Bed and Breakfast Nina