Panská No. 19
Description of the Building:
A two-storey row house covered with a lateral saddle roof, which is fairly flat with gradual gables. The front is divided by four axes and is of Classical origin, articulated by a system of lisenas. The layout of the ground floor: along the street all across the house is an entrance hall, a carriage way to the courtyard and a chamber behind the entrance hall, a staircase hall with a flat ceiling in the centre of the first floor, some vaulted rooms and some rooms with flat ceilings around.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The building is of medieval origin. Its land parcel originally reached Dlouhá street. A ground floor chamber with a saddle portal has been preserved from the Middle Ages. In the Rennaissance period a significant reconstruction was undertaken, and nearly all the inner layout originates from that time. During Classicism, probably after 1847, a court wing was removed and the front was reconstructed.
Significant Architectural Features:
- a saddle Gothic portal on the ground floor
- the entrance hall with ridged vaults
- all completely preserved layout of the first floor, e.g. joist ceilings
- a spiral staircase to the second floor
- an unusually designed roof truss with purlins resting on pillars with skived edges of some wooden elements (probably of Rennaissance origin) was partly removed during the reconstruction of the roof
- a gradual Rennaissance gable
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was a certain Mikuláš in 1459. In the years 1463 - 1500 a maltster Havel lived there. In 1510 Jan Šmelhuba stayed there, who sold the house to a Rosenberg court cook Kašpar Žáček in 1520. Šmelhuba died in 1534, Žáček five years later, leaving his widow Markéta and children Vaněk and Dorota, who stayed in the house. Markéta married a scribe Mikuláš, who called himself Žáček according to the previous owner of the house. The surname Žáček was used to call owners of the house throughout almost the entire 16th century. Mikuláš owned it in the 1550s and his daughted Zuzana, who married a certain Vinterberský or Vimperský, probably succeeded him. Before her death in 1594 Zuzana willed the house to Kryštof Anderle. He sold it in 1595 to a Rosenberg official Martin Grejnar z Veveří a Mysletína near Lhenice. Peter Wok von Rosenberg threw a wedding party when Grejnar married a lady´s woman of Kateřina Rožmberská of Ludanice, Anna Danielová of Semanín. The Grejnar family then lived in the house until 1606. In that year a servant of the Krumlov archdean moved in. From 1617 the house was owned by a court head scribe Kvirín Fischer, whose descendants lived there until 1677, followed by a hatter Matyáš Anderst. On the break of the 17th and 18th centuries the house belonged to a shoemaker Ondřej Lambl. In the years 1706 - 1745 a court head of the registry A. Haláček moved there. After him a family of a stocking-knitter Josef Turkowitzer lived in the house, followed by a surgeon Matouš Nossberger.
Contract ltd., Club "U šneka"