Latrán No. 4
Description of the Building:
Newly modified three story building with brisolit front.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house was probably built during the late Gothic period. In 1553, it was worth only 60 three scores of Meissen groschen. Vaulted Renaissance space is preserved inside. The house was rebuilt in 1935.
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was Vaněk the shoemaker in the first third of the sixteenth century, followed in 1533 by another shoemaker named Ambrož. Before 1554, locksmith Hillebrand moved into the house and in 1565 gingerbread maker Khaintz. Starting approximately in 1588, the house was inhabited by goldsmith Erhard Primig or Erhert Prinnig, who probably died near the turn of the century. From 1631 to the first half of the nineteenth century, the house was owned by several furriers. The last one of them, Antonín Schmutz, also owned the Latrán No. 3 house in 1808.