Rybářská č. p. 40
Rybářská No. 40
Description of the Building:
One-storey U-shaped building, with an entrance in a short facade.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The oldest part of the estate is the rear part of the left wing, which was created in the 15th century. The wing was extended and reconstructed at the time of the Renaissance. At the time, a base of a wing was created by the street, of which the corner part with a passage is in all likelihood Classical. The Gothic part of the wing is the oldest document of the Plešivec estate. In its rear part are preserved three Gothic saddle portals and barrel vaulted areas with and without sectors. In the rear part of the facade is a Gothic skewed window. The right part of the layout is composed by a farm building. The buildings were adapted in 1923, 1927 and about 1980.
Significant Architectural Features:
- Three Gothic saddle portals are located in the rear part of the right wing.
- A Gothic skewed window is in the rear part of the facade
History of the House Residents:
Originally on this place was a farmyard "za Kájovským mostem" with a small house and a malt house, whose first known owner was a baker, Matyáš Pemrl. In 1512 Osvald Paumgarten purchased it, and in 1525 the farmyard was occupied by Michal Hlospecen. After him, the ownership was transferred to Kilián Hlospecen, and he sold it in 1588 to Jaronínu (Jeronýmu) Steiner. From 1601, Mikuláš Strup is alleged as the owner. From the trustee, Jan Prokší, bought the farmyard in 1621 Tobiáš Strup, who occupied it until the 1630`s. Later, in 1644 Jiří Hultzšporar from Hoštejn owned the house. In 1648, a hatter, Štefan Reichard, bought the house together with the garden and ruined barn. After a few other owners, in 1671, the farmyard acquired the princely pupillary penman, Jiří Jakub Břeský from Birkenfels. After he died, the farmyard was inherited by his son Jiří, a vicar from Svéráz. From 1720 a miller, Ondřej, owned the farmyard for a short time. One year later, it belonged to a mayor, Jakub Schable, and after he died, his widow, Anna Marie took care of it. From 1768 the farmyard belonged to the Poferl family. A croupper, Ignác Poferl, built a residential house there, in about 1827. One of the next owners in 1850 was also a croupper master. Same as the house next door Rybářská No. 39, even this one is owned by the Porák - rigid mine firm. In 1929 a horse butcher occupied the house. The house was occupied for some time by the mother of the painter Egon Schiele, Marie Schiele, born Soukupová, (1861 - 1935).
In the left wing is a Gafa studio - design and advertising workroom Artec.
Restaurant pension U galerie, Artec promotional shop, M Club