Parkán No. 106
Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a classical facade, built some time after 1800 and covered by shingles.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The building was created in late Gothic style. The first report about it is from 1519. An illogical, narrow front wing leaves us to guess about the original building in the area of the rear wing. Probably during the Renaissance period a deepening was carried out. Apparently the right part is younger, like the left part of the house Parkán No. 105. Around 1800 a Classical adaptation of the facade, and possibly the first floor, occurred.
Significant Architectural Features:
Rooms on the ground floor are barrel vaulted. The Classical facade is valuable.
History of the House Residents:
In 1519 a shoemaker, Girgl (Jiří), bought this house from some Molchmar. Three years later Jan Nevrlec moved into the house. In 1548 a tanner named Hans resided in the house. After him, his son Prokop owned the house. From 1584 - 1596 Martin Krumlovský occupied the house. He was replaced by Voršila Konvářová or Kandlerová. In 1611 a spur maker, Hans Temel, owned the house. He was replaced in 1637 by a twister, Alexandr Prener. He lived in the house until 1681. After him the house was owned by many Český Krumlov citizens, about whom we do not know much.