Na ostrově No. 86, former town armoury
Description of the Building:
A ground floor building with a high saddle roof covered with hollow tiles. A fragment of sgraffito window moulding has been preserved at the front. There is a throughview at the roof truss inside the house.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The house originated in the late-Rennaissance period and served as the town armoury. The first note about its existence comes from 1677.
Significant Architectural Features:
The building has been preserved in its original state and therefore is a significant historical site as a whole.
History of the House Residents:
We learn about the existence of a town armoury which originated in the Rennaissance period only indirectly in the 17th century. In 1677 the Krumlov municipality bought a stable next to the armoury . There is a note from 1681 that Karel Prombhofer (glass-maker Karel Pramhofer?) sold the stable to a certain Hoch. We know from 1744 that town carriages and other things as well as artillery guns were stored in the armoury. In 1813 the armoury was used for placing horses, storing hay and straw, and other things which belonged to the artillery. There also used to be a granary for some time.