Masná No. 139
Description of the Building:
One-storey building with a smooth facade into which leans a prampouch vaulted over a valley. The ground floor layout contains a hall with a flat ceiling and a staircase in the right part. In the left part are also areas with flat ceilings. The first floor also has flat ceilings.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The medieval origin of the house documents the entire character of the structure, but it also has a significant architectural detail, a Gothic cambered window with a stone dado, which is evidently from the 15th century. Later, a right side was apparently added to the house, in the front yard area of the neighbours, Horní No. 144 and Horní No. 145. In the 17th century, the house underwent a large reconstruction, after it had apparently burned down. Another reconstruction occurred in the 18th century when a new facade was created, sectioned with pilaster strips. At first the strips were painted, and later, as their present appearance shows, they were plastic. The cellar was vaulted, and a right court wing was added in a few stages. In 1867 the house burned down, and this wing was allegedly only used as a ground floor. The second floor was built in 1929.
Significant Architectural Features:
A Gothic cambered window.
History of the House Residents:
At the beginning of the 16th century the house belonged to Matha or Macha. He was replaced by a cook, Hanzl. He died in 1521, and the house was acquired by a shoemaker, Havel. Havel died some time before 1531, when a widow, Voršila, sold the house to a butcher Jiří Percl, who moved into the house from house No. 130, and in addition to the house he also owned a butchery. In 1550 Václav Petrlík, who previously resided in the house No. 2 on the square, bought the house for 168 threescore of Meissen groschen. In 1553 Václav sold it for the same price to a penman, Vaněk Hodonský, who originally lived in the house No. 6 on the square. During the next hundred years the house was transferred without a book register, so we have only fragmentary information about the residents from the neighbouring locality. Vaněk died in 1563, and his widow Marta, sold the house to Marx (Martin or Marek) Hacker, who died in 1587. In the 1590`s the house belonged the a butcher, Kryštof Heinrich, who married a cook named Mariana in 1598. His family resided in the house until 1608 when a butcher, Kryštof Koch, moved in. In 1661 Markéta Truchtelfingerová, who owned the house since 1654, sold the house to a carpenter, Jan Krössel. In 1684 the ownership of the house was transferred to Tomáš Schillotzy who was also a carpenter. He was replaced by Řehoř Handlhose in 1725. In 1737 the house belonged to a goldsmith, Felix Leithner. In 1755 a draper, Jan Tragau, bought the house. In 1782 the house went through an auction because of Jan\'s debts. A butcher, Bernard Stifter, bought the house in the auction, and in 1808 the house was inherited by his son Antonín. In 1852 Antonie Stifterová, took care of the house together with two barns and fields.