Latrán No. 84
Description of the Building:
This is a one story house with a plain facade standing on a sloping terrain. It was built during Renaissance and reconstructed during Classicism. The house has been modernized. The only barrel vaulted space is on the level of the rear terrace.
Development of facade:
There were not any discoveries from the Renaissance period. In the Baroque period the front facade was newly plastered. Only a cavetto ledge with an arch supported the plastic arriculation. Three white-and-grey-coloured articulations were applied, two older ones with a scheme of illusion pilasters.
In the Classicism period only all-suraface plain-coloured coats of paint appeared, apart from one flesh-coloured hue. The building is a remarkable example because of its particular way of citizens´ architecture articulation used in the Baroque period, analogical examples of the illusion architecture articulation used in smaller buildings were even found in the historical suburbs of Česky Krumlov.
History of the House Residents:
The house was built in 1598 but became a part of the city jurisdiction in 1617. The first known owner was in 1619 Daniel Grill, and his family owned the house until 1665. That year, Pavel Klőckel bought the house together with the garden. No detailed information is available about the later owners of this house besides their names.
Grocery store Vaňásek.