Latrán No. 32, Dobrkovická Street
Description of the Building:
Two story building with a Classicist front from the second half of the eighteenth century. It has been recently reconstructed.
Architectural and Historical Development:
According to archive records, the house was new in 1777. It was built on a plot where an older wooden house used to be.
Significant Architectural Features:
The house is valuable because of its central hall with stairway and side spaces. The entire ground floor has barrel vaults with caps.
History of the House Residents:
This house "by the monastery gate" was owned in the beginning of the sixteenth century by Mikuláš Slepička who gave it in his will to his probable wife Kateřina Vyšenská. She sold it in 1514 to goldsmith Jan. After Jan died in 1549, his son Matyáš took over the house and then sold it in 1552 in order to pay off the other heirs. The house was bought by Jan Běšín, a hunter serving Wilhelm von Rosenberg. After he died, his wife Anna sold the house in 1560 to Marek, the overseer of the Rosenberg granary. Around 1595 Marek died and his wife Voršila sold the house to joiner Ludvík Král. Ludvík died around the turn of the century and his wife Kateřina took over the house and then gave it to her sons Tomáš and Fric. The Král family owned the house maybe until 1653, when rope-maker Jiří Dux moved in. After he died, his wife Voršila took over the household and lived here until 1673. The subsequent owners were also rope-makers - between 1673 and 1781, three generations of the Wolf family lived here.
Bed and Breakfast Běla.