Latrán No. 25, New Town
Description of the Building:
Two story building with a stucco, ribbon-shaped decoration around a window, sgraffito facade and trapezoid half-gable, covered with a double-pitched shingle roof.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The front walls of the houses No. 24 and No. 25 run uninterrupted by joints so it is clear that these two houses formed one older building or were constructed next to older standing walls. The interior disposition of the house is from the first third of the seventeenth century. During Classicism, there was a small shop in the stairway hall. The rear of the ground floor was modified after 1850.
Significant Architectural Features:
Especially the vaulted space is remarkable. There are two rooms on the ground floor with barrel vaults with sectors - the room on the right is the stairway hall. The rear of the house has segmental vaults that form an oval straight arch. Near the street on the second story, there is a narrow space vaulted with sectors in the vault axis and plain belts that create geometrical discs. The central narrow wing has a similar vault but without the discs.
History of the House Residents:
The first known owner of the house was Jiřík Čyřlechý and after him Matouš Jaroš in 1565. Shoemaker Jiří Herzog lived here from 1572 and two years later Cartwright Václav moved in and lived here until the first decade of the seventeenth century. Cartwright Oldřich Petzmair owned the house from 1614 and his wife Dorota took over after his death. From 1656 to 1666, cloth-maker Ondřej Slapsche lived in the house and many subsequent owners were also cloth-makers. The first was Matyáš Perger, then Šimon Mayer from 1749 to 1758, then Lorenc Sechter who moved into the house in 1795. The only man of another trade was braider Vincenc Turkowitzer from 1788 to 1795.
Restaurant and pension "U Václava", Gallery "U Václava"