Kostelní No. 168
Description of the Building:
A one-storey house with the front pushed forward twice, without articulation. The back elevation is flat with protruding consoles of a jetty of probably Rennaissance origin. The layout of the ground floor and the upper floor is created by rooms with mostly flat ceilings.
Architectural and Historical Development:
The origin of the house goes back to the Gothic period. A radical Rennaissance reconstruction followed, then another radical reconstruction was carried out in 1960. The reconstruction was carried out very thoughtfully with respect to the original constructions of the house.
History of the House Residents:
In 1499 the house was donated by the Rosenberg chancellor Václav z Rovného to the Krumlov chaplains from St. Vitus Church in Český Krumlov. It was "the house where the King gingerbread-maker used to live". This building was the first chaplain house and should not be confused with the more famous Kaplanka (Horní No.159). Twenty years later Václav z Rovného donated the chaplains the new and much bigger building of Kaplanka and they moved there. They kept the house No. 168 to 1573, when they sold it to a shopkeeper Kašpar Diernhofer. Kašpar died in 1589 and his wife Johana in 1591 willed the house to her brother Kryštof Lepší. After his death widow Voršila sold it to Ondřej Ostermann, a personal barber-surgeon and bathkeeper of Wilhelm von Rosenberg. His family lived there to 1603. In the years 1640 - 1664 the house belonged to a shoemaker Jiří Schöbel, who was followed by a teacher Bartoloměj Václav Roth. From 1676 a town footman Matyáš Krampl stayed there and after him in 1714 Bernard and Magdalena Paceda moved in the house. In 1723 the house was owned by a draper Ondřej Tragauer and his family kept it to 1806.
Mahakam, Accommodation Eva Vašíčková